Sadio Mane Transfer: Liverpool & Bayern Munich Still Far Apart In Valuation Of Striker (Report)
Liverpool & Bayern Munich remain far apart according to a report.
Rumours the Senegalese could be tempted away from Liverpool this summer started in the run-up to the UEFA Champions League final and have grown stronger since the defeat to Real Madrid in Paris.
The 30-year-old has just 12 months left on his existing deal at Liverpool and whilst it was reported the Anfield hierarchy wanted to open discussions about extending his stay on Merseyside, talk of a move to Bayern Munich has taken over.
The Bundesliga club are looking to sign a world-class forward as it looks like talisman Robert Lewandowski will be leaving the club and possibly heading for Barcelona.
Despite Liverpool’s reluctance to let their number 10 leave, it seems they are prepared to do so if the price is right and they can sign a high-quality replacement.
Scroll to Continue
It looks like a deal has been agreed for Liverpool to sign Darwin Nunez from Benfica in a huge summer transfer as they look to plan for life without Mane.
The transfer fee that Bayern are prepared to pay appears to remain the only sticking point therefore and after two bids have been rejected, the two clubs are reported to be EUR10million apart in their valuation of the player.
According to Sky Sport reporter Florian Plettenberg, Liverpool want EUR45million including add-ons for Mane but Bayern are only offering EUR35million. It seems likely that Mane will move to Germany, but it could take several days or even weeks for the matter to be resolved. Bayern offer EUR and Liverpool want EURReport: Liverpool Changes Stance On Pursuit Of Midfielder Gavi
- Report: Liverpool Close In On Transfer Agreement For Benfica Striker Darwin Nunez, Player Could Sign Five Year Deal
- Report: Liverpool To Move Onto Jude Bellingham After Darwin Nunez Signing
- Report: Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain Set For Liverpool Exit | West Ham Keen On The Midfielder
- ‘Liverpool Will Probably Be Raging’ – Pundit Says Anfield Hierarchy Will Be Unhappy Mohamed Salah Played Despite Injury For Egypt
- German Journalist: 90% Chance Sadio Mane Will Move To Bayern Munich In Summer Transfer From Liverpool
- Report: Liverpool Change Stance On Pursuit Of Barcelona Midfielder Gavi, Kalvin Phillips A Possible Alternative
The author of 5 books, 3 of which are New York Times bestsellers. I’ve been published in more than 100 newspapers and magazines and am a frequent commentator on NPR.